Chicago Complete Your CCW Permit with Livescan Fingerprints
The State of Illinois recommends fingerprinting in order to express the application for your Illinois Concealed Carry Permit. KENTECH offers fingerprinting services in Chicago for applicants applying for their concealed carry license for $65. We will capture your prints using state of the art Livescan biometric technology and transmit to the Illinois State Police. If your organization need mobile service we can provide onsite fingerprint services for groups of 10 or more.
What to Bring
- Valid ID – government-issued picture ID (such as Driver’s License, State ID or Passport)
- Payment – $65 for prints. We accept all major credit cards, money order, and cash.
KENTECH will capture your fingerprints and Photo to transmit to the Illinois State Police.
Register as a Licensed CCW Instructor in 3 Simple Steps
- Visit Illinois State Police Firearms Bureau
- Bring completed form and a government–issued photo ID to our location. No appointment is necessary.
- Bring the fee of $65.00. Acceptable forms of payment include cash, all major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover) and company check. No personal checks are accepted.
- We transmit the fingerprint record, same day, to the Illinois State Police. A fingerprint services receipt noting the required transaction control number will be provided to the applicant at the completion of the fingerprint capture process.
- The Illinois State Police will process the fingerprint record and report its response to the ISP Firearm Services Bureau.
(source Illinois State Police)
Eligibility Requirements for CCW?
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Must have a valid Firearm Owner’s Identification card.
- Must have not been convicted or found guilty of a misdemeanor involving the threat of physical force or violence to any person within the past 5 years.
- Must not have 2 or more violations related to driving while under the influence of alcohol, other drugs, intoxicating compounds within the past 5 years.
- Must not be subject to a pending arrest warrant, prosecution or proceeding for an offense or action that could lead to disqualification to own or possess a firearm.
- Must have not been in a residential or court-ordered treatment for alcoholism, alcohol detoxification, or drug treatment within the past 5 years.
- You may be eligible if you satisfy the above and no objections are filed by law enforcement. (Section 15)
What is the cost for an Illinois Concealed Carry License?
- $150 for 5 years for Illinois residents
- $300 for 5 years for out-of-state residents
How long will it take a citizen to obtain an Illinois Concealed Carry License?
- Upon receipt of a completed application, including fee, the ISP shall issue or deny the applicant an Illinois Concealed Carry License within 90 days, provided the applicant submits a full set of fingerprints in electronic format. If fingerprints are not submitted the ISP is granted an additional 30 days to complete a manual background check. In all cases, law enforcement agencies will have 30 days to file an objection once an application is received.
What’s Required Before Applying?
- Completion of 16 hours of Concealed Carry firearms training provided by an ISP approved Instructor.
- Electronic Copy of my training certificate(s). You will be required to upload your electronic certificate during the application process.
- A Valid Driver’s License or State Identification card.
- A valid FOID card.
- A Digital ID obtained from ISP
- A head and shoulder electronic photograph taken within the last 30 days.
- Be able to provide the last ten years of residency.
- Fingerprints – Electronic fingerprints will expedite your application! We will provide this for you. You will simply specify to the Live Scan technician that your fingerprint application is for the Concealed Carry application (ORI = IL920707Z, Purpose Code = CCW).